Important Notice: COVID-19
In line with Irish Government efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we will be restricting operations in the PMBRC until the 8th June 2020 as follows:
- PMBRC staff will be largely working from home over the restricted period. Staff will be available to answer e-mails, write reports and will be working on non-laboratory aspects of projects. However responses to e-mails may be delayed in some cases.
- Laboratory work will be significantly curtailed, although urgent industry work will be carried out where necessary. Please contact Niall O’Reilly on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
- Postgraduate researchers will be working from home.
- Deliveries to the PMBRC should be delayed if possible, particularly if there are special temperature storage requirements.
- Scheduled meetings will be rearranged or conducted remotely where possible.
At the moment these restrictions are in place from the 13th March to the 8th June inclusive. However, this period may be extended further depending on Government advice. We thank you for your patience during this time and look forward to returning to normal operations as soon as possible.
Welcome to the PMBRC
The PMBRC is an applied research centre that commenced operations in 2009, consolidating research in the chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnological sciences at Waterford Institute of Technology into one institutionally prioritised centre. Situated on the main WIT campus in Waterford City, the centre seeks to support R&D activities within the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, thereby stimulating research and innovation and allowing companies to embed R&D directly into their activities.
The centre, one of 15 Enterprise Ireland Technology Gateways, consists of an 800m2 state-of-the-art research facility with over 30 research personnel. A truly multidisciplinary team, researchers at the PMBRC include chemists, biologists, biomedical scientists, physicists and engineers, and the centre has established links with national and international partners in industry, academia and medical care institutions.Read More
Research in the PMBRC focuses on important areas of pharmaceutical and biotechnology development and can be summarised under the following themes:
- Pharmaceutical Analysis, Material Characterisation & Pre-formulation
- Novel Sensing & Process Technologies
- Drug Delivery & Formulation
- Biomedical Research
- Molecular Biotechnology
Collaboration with regional and national industry partners is at the core of PMBRC’s activities. The centre is involved in collaborative projects with industry ranging from large-scale research projects to short term feasibility studies and contract analysis.
The PMBRC has a proven track record in attracting funding from national and international sources.Read More
Equipment & Facilities
The following is a list of the main items of equipment within PMBRC:
- Materials Characterisation
- Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry
- Formulation / Pre-formulation
- Molecular Biotechnology
- New in Q1 2020
PMBRC Funded Research Opportunity
The PMBRC is delighted to announce a funded research postgraduate opportunity at the Centre. To apply for this scholarship please download the Funded Research Postgraduate Application Form and return the completed application to email@example.com The project is titled ‘Amorphous formulations to improve the bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs‘, with a closing date for applications on…