Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Project Title: Fibre Optic Nanohole Technologies (FONT)
Project Background: The Pharmaceutical and Molecular Biotechnology Research Centre (PMBRC) at WIT has recently been awarded funding to develop a novel biosensor technology based on the optical transmission of light through nanometre sized perforations formed in a thin film of gold on fused glass fibre template. This is initially a 10 month position that will focus on the development of the surface biochemistry required to demonstrate the prototype instrument. The successful applicant will report to the Project Manager and Lead Project Scientist in charge of the biosensor development. The period of employment may be extended to a maximum of 24 months.
Department: Department of Chemical & Life Sciences and Department of Engineering Technology
Commencement Date and Duration: 01 September 2013 to 31th June 2014
- · PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry or equivalent.
- · Experience in the development of functionalization chemistry and/or antibody / antigen coated surfaces for sensor applications.
- · Experience in surface plasmon resonance (SPR) sensor technologies.
- · Experience in Scanning Probe Microscopy test methods
- · Spectroscopy; microscopy; immunology and functionalization chemistry
- · Synthesising nanomaterials for biosensing purposes
- · Good written and verbal Communication Skills
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit a loose leaf CV and covering letter, along with the names and contact details of two referees to:
Waterford Institute of Technology,
Tel: +353 (0) 51 845519
Or e-mail to email@example.com
Further information on the PMBRC is available at http://pmbrc.org/
Closing date for applications is Friday, July 10th at 17:00hrs.
The Institute may decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post.
Download a pdf version of this advert here